What #FamilyVote is About
This election, critical issues for families are up for grabs. But if we want to be heard, we need to show up. And there’s one easy step we can take to to flex our political power and change the culture of voting.
Take Your Kids to Vote!
Voting is one of the most important things we can do to create the world we want for our children and — bonus! — parents who involve kids in elections raise civic leaders! So this November, when you vote — at the polls or by mail — do it with your kids. Then inspire a flood of other parents to vote with a #FamilyVote selfie.
Check out some of these awesome pics!
Join the #FamilyVote movement! It’s simple:
Step 1: Vote & Take a Pic
- Take your kids to the polls and take a picture OUTSIDE with your “I Voted” stickers (Find your polling place here or here.)
- If you can’t vote with your kids, bring home the “I Voted” stickers and take your pic together
- Early voting and mail ballots count, too! Take an action shot when you put it in the mail.
Step 2: Share & Inspire Others!
- Post your picture to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, with #FamilyVote
- Tell your friends to vote and share their own #FamilyVote pics
Involving kids in voting teaches them a real-life lesson in democracy, and it helps show our country that families matter and have a powerful voice.
Be a #FamilyVote Trendsetter
Share this on Facebook to tell your friends you’ll be sharing a #familyvote photo when you vote. Or, save one of our pics and post to Instagram.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to see more coming in from all across the country!
#familyvote homepage / familyvote.org
Election Resources for Kids
- Want to show your little one what it’s like at the polls? Check out this quick PBS video.
- Whether or not you can take your kids to the polls, our friends at MomsRising have a great downloadable guide to celebrate voting with your kids.
ParentsTogether Action Social Media Accounts
Images to Use on Social Media
Top 5 Reasons to Vote with Your Kids
Sample Social Media Posts
Vote and share your #FamilyVote selfie:
Voting’s more fun with kids! Take a #FamilyVote selfie outside the polls, and show off your “I voted” stickers! www.familyvote.org
Parent power at the polls! Take a family voting selfie, tag it #FamilyVote, and inspire your friends to vote with their kids! www.familyvote.org
Do your part! Share your #FamilyVote selfie (from outside the polls) and tell your friends and family to do the same! Voting never looked so good! www.familyvote.org
End the election on a high note – let’s turn the tide and post awesome family photos after voting with our kids. #FamilyVote www.familyvote.org
Let’s make our voices HEARD! When you vote, tell the world with your #FamilyVote selfie. Inspire others with your vote. www.familyvote.org
What’s your Election Day plan? It’s always fun to vote with your kids (if you can). Share your #FamilyVote selfie from outside the polls, or at home with your “I Voted” stickers. www.familyvote.org
Kids learn voting habits from their parents:
Kids learn to vote from their parents, so make Election Day a family affair. Post your #FamilyVote selfie & inspire other parents to head to the polls! www.familyvote.org
Did your mom or dad take you to vote when you were little? Keep the tradition going and share your #FamilyVote selfie from outside the polls! www.familyvote.org
Ready for this election craziness to be over? Take your kids with you to vote, and show them what really matters: Our VOTES. #FamilyVote www.familyvote.org
What is your earliest voting memory? Make a new memory with your kids, and share your #FamilyVote selfie. www.familyvote.org
The early bird gets the…vote! Vote early with your kids, then post a #FamilyVote selfie–and inspire others to join in. www.familyvote.org
Like being ahead of the game? Vote early with your kids. And share your #FamilyVote selfie. www.familyvote.org
Why wait? Find out if you can vote early with your kids today. (And then share your #FamilyVote selfie from outside the polls!) www.familyvote.org
Halloween – October 31:
Where did the ghost go to vote? The voting BOOth 🙂 Take your little ghosts & goblins with you to vote, and be sure to share your #FamilyVote selfie. www.familyvote.org
Happy Halloween! Show off your kid’s Halloween costume at the polls (if you can early vote). #FamilyVote (Text EarlyBird to 30644 for more info) www.familyvote.org
Take your kids on a Halloween adventure to the polls (if you can early vote)! Everyone knows you get more candy if you’re wearing an “I Voted Early” sticker. #FamilyVote www.familyvote.org
Election Day – Nov 6:
I VOTED! Get your sticker, and share your #FamilyVote selfie (outside the polls) to inspire other families to vote today. www.familyvote.org
Already voted? You can still help! Share this post to encourage other families to vote with their kids and take a #FamilyVote selfie. www.familyvote.org
Who are your dedicating your vote to? Give them a shout out when you post your #FamilyVote selfie. www.familyvote.org
More from ParentsTogether (on Messenger)
- Questions 4 Kids: Ask your kids a creative Q4KIDZ question every day to spark meaningful conversions.
- Raising Bilingual Kids: Raising bilingual kids who speak Spanish and English? Get activities, advice, and reminders.
- Simple Parenting: How much sleep do kids really need? Sign up for parenting tips.
- Action Alerts for Parents: Together, we can work towards better outcomes for kids and families across the country. Sign up for updates and action alerts, specifically for parents.
- Voting Reminders & Info: Get ready for election day with our voting reminders for parents.